Thursday 13 February 2014

Art in the Garden

I think that one of the ways to add more interest to our garden, without lots of digging, is to install some garden art. When I visited the Kaipara Sculpture Gardens recently, I found some lovely examples, all beyond our budget! So I'll be looking out for ways of re-creating some of the pieces using found, junk and natural objects. 


I'll be hunting down an old teapot and bowl to make a birdbath like the one above...


And some piles of stones or wood could look almost as good as the cairn above...


The wire and bead creations above look like they'd be fun to make. And the nest below was made from a hanging basket with twigs and concrete eggs in it - very easy...


This is what I've managed so far... A wreath ($1 from the hospice shop) with feathers from the moulting peacocks. I thought it was pretty good for a first attempt and I have great plans for future garlands - using rosemary for one and the heads of giant sedge for another. Watch this space! 


No comments:

Post a Comment