Saturday 12 May 2012

Beginner Baking 16

My year of baking will soon be drawing to a close so I thought it was about time that I tackled two demons - the food processor and chocolate brownies.

Whilst the chocolate brownies had been haunting me because of a fear of failure, I consider food processors to be cheating. My granny didn't learn to bake using a food processor.

However, Hugh made it quite clear in this recipe for River Cottage chocolate brownies that I was not likely to succeed if I didn't take the mixing very seriously indeed. So out came Pamela's Kenwood mixer.

Somehow my sleep-deprived brain managed to put the mixer together and turn it on. I added the eggs and sugar and it whirred away until the two ingredients were well and truly blended and fluffed up.


Thankfully, my first attempts at using the mixer and making brownies were both successful. The brownies weren't the most attractive offering but they certainly tasted good - lovely and fudgy. Mmm...


I only just managed to get a quick snap of the last brownie before it was gobbled down (by me). Here it is on one of my latest garage sale finds - a plate from a mustard yellow-patterned Kelston Ceramics dinner service.

1 comment:

  1. My brownies never look very attractive, but it's taste that matters and whatever they look like they always taste yummy

    ReplyDelete