Saturday 4 February 2012

Beginner Baking 10



This is a gluten-free lime and coconut loaf from a River Cottage recipe.

Except I don't like coconut so I switched that for chopped pecans. And I didn't have any lime so made it with lemon juice instead. And I decided to do a cream cheese icing instead of a lemon glaze. It was still gluten free though.

Surprisingly, it turned out rather well, particularly given that I didn't have any xanthan gum to lighten it up. The icing was a little runny after I added lemon juice to it - and I failed to stir it well enough as someone was complaining about being hungry - you can see the resulting lumps. But it was sufficiently sweet and creamy so that didn't really matter.

I'm sure that some of my experimentation will fail soon - I must try not to become over-confident in my baking abilities. But in the meantime, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself, despite my success being somewhat undeserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment