Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cupboard Love

One of the side effects of giving up the weekly supermarket trip is that I've become more creative with leftovers and store cupboard staples. Last weekend, I made these pikelets with strawberry sauce.

The pikelets had been frozen after I made a double batch of mix when making blinis for a work morning tea. The eggs for the pikelets had come from our hens, of course, and the remaining ingredients from the pantry, including UHT milk.

The strawberries had been leftover from another work morning tea so I froze them. Once they'd defrosted, I mashed them with a fork and then warmed them gently with a half-tub of cream cheese (the other half had been used with the blinis at the second morning tea).

All topped off with a bit of basil-mint from the window sill, a gift from gardening club. A delicious, novel breakfast in ten minutes with time to unload and load the dishwasher too!

No comments:

Post a Comment