Sunday 13 March 2011

Catching up on the garden

After a few months of morning sickness and a hot and humid summer, the garden had become rather neglected. Until, that is, J's father decided that his new hobby was tidying up our block. Which shamed me into getting out there and doing a few jobs yesterday.

First up was checking on the weed tea. Interestingly, the two brews had developed quite differently. One had turned quite brown whilst the other, full of convolvulus, had sprouted. Both needed topping up with water. I was disappointed not to have any extra space to put in more weeds but I was pleased to see a brown liquid emerge from the tap when I turned it on.



Next, I fertilised both of our citrus trees, the old grapefruit which is promising a reasonable harvest, and the new lime tree (thank you Katie!) which has grown to more than three times its size this time last year.



And last but not least, I planted the native plants that I picked out at two school fairs last weekend, including a couple of hebes (top and bottom left), some coprosmas (?) (right) and a puka (centre).

No comments:

Post a Comment