Monday 2 July 2012

Beginner Baking 18

I'm getting to the end of my baking year now with just a few weeks left before I go back to work. There's still lots of things I haven't attempted - scones, chocolate caramel slice, meringue... But I was pleased to have chance this week to make Eccles cakes - a real taste of home.


I found it a bit difficult to get the pastry circles to stick together and so I was delighted when they came out of the oven looking so authentic. They taste great too - with orange zest and candied peel to give them a citrus flavour. I just need to work out how to cram more filling in each one next time...


Here's the book where I found the recipe - a present from my good friend Anastasia - thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I've always tended to put too much filling in them, which then oozes out whilst cooking and gets burnt and sticky. Yours look really good.

    ReplyDelete