Wednesday 18 April 2012

A Little Library

Over the last few weeks, I've been busy unpacking all our books after they've been in storage for the last three years. It's been great fun discovering old favourites and forgotten volumes. And the only mouse-nibbled book was a dictionary, oddly enough.

The sci-fi/fantasy collection has now been housed on the bookshelves on the stairs but my modern classics need a home. We have some flat-packed shelves to put together and then I'll be able to alphabetise them all and get them in place. I really hope we'll have room for them all. I don't want to have brought them all this way just to have to give them away!



Even though I'm concerned about space, I couldn't resist snapping up a few bargains at a school fair and a garage sale over Easter weekend. I picked up some classics that I remembered fondly from childhood - The cow who fell in the canal (now out of print), Milly Molly Mandy (or Milicent Margaret Amanda to her angry mother), What Katy Did (in honour of my sister) and Myths and Legends of Many Lands (including my favourites the boy and the dike and King Canute).



I was tempted by this crafting book too. Dyeing and printing sounded rather intimidating, even though I'm the daughter of a printer, but when I realised that the patterns were all made with household objects like string and punched card, I couldn't resist. I'll look forward to attempting some of these projects soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment