Wednesday 20 April 2011

Weeding 2


My other enemy is the convolvulus. We've had a patch of it sprayed with Round-Up and that seems to be under control now. But there's another invasion on our native griselina hedge along the road. Unfortunately it's strangling the hedge which is looking a bit sorry for itself now. And I don't think spraying would help the situation.

Recently a neighbour told me she was itching to grab hold of it and pull it off the hedge. I should have told her to feel free and go ahead but instead I took it as a challenge.

But the evil weed has developed such a strong foothold (tendril-hold?) in just one season that yanking it just isn't doing the trick. After landing on my backside on the verge a couple of times, thanks to the tug-of-war that was required, I've decided I need some shears to hack away at it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment