Wednesday 17 March 2010

Mouse Mystery

I am absolutely certain that we have mice. We live in a big old draughty house in the middle of a field and sometimes go to bed without putting the dirty plates in the dishwasher (sorry Jennifer!). How can we not have mice?

This week I thought I'd found certain evidence of them with little black droppings appearing on the side of one of our two sinks several days running.



The slightly odd thing was that they were always in the same place and there were also droppings just beneath my herbs. Maybe it was sipping water from the plant trays? Maybe the mouse was a vegetarian gourmet?



And then a few days later we found the answer - a caterpillar! I think it's a green looper caterpillar but whatever it is, it lives outside now.

No comments:

Post a Comment